A blog of my tube amp design and modification work. Primarily my own builds, but occasionally I feature work I've done on others' amps (with their permission.)

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

"...unless they some smart-ass pawns."

Seriously.

Yeah, more or less.

Doesn't look like much, but it's stable and surprisingly quiet. The next build I'll do on turret board and see if that's any more frustrating. Definitely not Gothik Ring caliber work, but I've seen much worse that worked just fine.

Unless I find another one cheap, it looks like I'm pretty much done with the Bogen CHB35A as a mod platform. Started out as $30 for the chassis and a working power transformer and after a year and a half of buying a few parts here and there (to the tune of a couple hundred bucks, not to mention how much I could've saved in shipping if I'd had enough green lying around to buy everything at once) it's finally done.

Well, "done" enough to gig with.

And speaking of, Napoleon in Exile is playing a show this Friday at The Mr. Roboto Project and I'm bringing this beauty on stage. Hate to pimp my band but this is really going to be a special show; in addition to the projector we usually have behind us, we're going to have interpretive dancers as well as the debut of a special cover song featuring vocals by my darling partner Agape. She is going to tear the place down, so I highly recommend you swing by. Plus, it's a free show and we're playing with The Hanging and The Smoke Tree.

Okay, blatant self-promotion mode off. I'm actually taking on less amp work lately because we're house hunting, but I'm always happy to consult, so if you have any questions or need a small service job, feel free to get in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment