A blog of my tube amp design and modification work. Primarily my own builds, but occasionally I feature work I've done on others' amps (with their permission.)

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Bodie Pics

Figured I'd snap off a couple pics of Bodie as no one's seen the outside yet. It did come with an additional chassis that I'll use eventually, but it's going to require a switch to long-shaft pots so I just cobbled together a base plate so I can gig with it in the meantime.

Not the original knobs, but eerily similar.

Everything I didn't need is disconnected.

Yeah, not going to be doing any chassis fabrication for quite a long time. I'll either buy them or have a friend with carpentry skills build them. Which I guess is kind of the same thing.

Sharpie is far from permanent, so relax.

That long lead for the pilot light clips to the inside of the additional chassis. I really don't feel like drilling a new hole to mount a pilot light temporarily, so it's fine where it is for now.

Gotta love old glass.

Actually, that Mullard ECC83 and the old stock Sylvania7591s are probably worth more than anything else on that chassis.

Admittedly, not much to look at, but hey, it's a homebrew salvage job. Hopefully that'll keep the theft potential low, I mean, I couldn't even scrounge up a Dymo labeler! After I track down some quality long-shaft (hopefully D-shaft) pots it's going to look much better. Here's a stock one that shows the outer chassis: (not my photo)


No comments:

Post a Comment