A blog of my tube amp design and modification work. Primarily my own builds, but occasionally I feature work I've done on others' amps (with their permission.)

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Weber 5E3 Kit

Okay, so I just placed my order for a 5E3 kit from Weber. If I could've swung the extra couple hundred I would've pieced it together myself from various suppliers, and that's what I'd do if I were building this just for sale. I'll probably gig with this for a while and keep an open sale/trade offer up on craigslist. If there's a demand for these maybe I'll crank 'em out, who knows.

It'll be a few weeks before it gets here, but I'll post build pics as I go. Since there's a possibility I'll sell it, I'm going to keep it stock, though I'll probably use a grounding scheme similar to Ceriatone's.

Here's a clip from the soundtrack that finally sold me on making one of these (though Neil's is decently far from stock):


Mmm, sweet blocking distortion.

No comments:

Post a Comment