A blog of my tube amp design and modification work. Primarily my own builds, but occasionally I feature work I've done on others' amps (with their permission.)

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

MXR Distortion+

I snagged a General Guitar Gadgets MXR Distortion+ kit (partially assembled) off of the Pittsburgh Music Gear Forum for only $10! Never been a huge fan of this circuit but I couldn't pass it up. Also the GGG PCB has extra pads for mods, so I'll finally get to spend some time playing with these distortion mods instead of just building another Big Muff.

Also, this pre-made printed circuit board idea? Brilliant. Why the hell have I been etching all my circuit boards myself? Spending two hours to save $10 is just not worth it.

I gotta say, I really like Madbean Pedal Projects. Very dedicated fellow, cloning some unique pedals, and his Cave Dweller delay is absolutely phenomenal.

No comments:

Post a Comment