A blog of my tube amp design and modification work. Primarily my own builds, but occasionally I feature work I've done on others' amps (with their permission.)

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Incremental progress

Not much time spent today, but I got the grid stoppers in place and the screens connected.
Really wish I had a chassis-mount resistor for biasing the power tubes, but I think I'm just going to plow ahead with the cement blocks I have on hand.
I did spend a little line on the load line for this 3k OT. Probably the only thing I ever thought "when am I ever going to use this" about in college was graphical analysis, rulers and pencils and such. "We've got computers now!"
Har, har.
Little did I know I'd be trying to extrapolate anode curves for a 6V6 at 350V, for fun.
...I gotta learn Spice.

No comments:

Post a Comment