A blog of my tube amp design and modification work. Primarily my own builds, but occasionally I feature work I've done on others' amps (with their permission.)

Friday, February 22, 2013

Yet Another Bogen Update


Okay, so I've finally picked bass and treble controls. They'll likely need to be tweaked, of course. Most amps have tone controls which attenuate the whole signal so you can add in some "boost." Here everything is just cut, so a flat response will be with all the tone controls all the way up, if you really want a sort of Tweed sound.

I might switch the bass control to the one you find in the James stack but I've found even with open-back cabinets you really don't need any bass boost. The response from this bass control will be more like the Orange FAC control - which I've found fantastic - but a little easier to dial in instead of just having a choice of 6 settings.


No comments:

Post a Comment